Terms and Conditions
Charlotte Armitage is a trading name of Visiology Media Ltd.
1. A contract is formed between a customer (referred to as the “Customer”) and Visiology Media Ltd when an Order is received from the Customer. An Order may be in written, verbal or electronic form. The Product or Service shall mean any product or service that is provided by the Company to the Customer. These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
2.Unless agreed otherwise in writing, 50% of the invoice as a deposit must be paid after terms of contract are agreed and at least 14 days prior to commencement of work. If bookings are made within 14 days of filming then the deposit is payable immediately. The remaining 50% shall be payable on completion of the video or multimedia project. In relation to specific contracts, these figures or terms may be varied as set out in the respective contract.
3. Visiology Media Ltd retains the right to charge out-of-pocket expenses incurred in providing the product(s) or service(s) – subject to being able to provide the Customer with proof of expenditure. All out-of-pocket expenses will be charged at cost.
4. If payment is not received within 30 days of the invoice date, Visiology Media Ltd. will automatically charge interest at a rate of 8% per annum, which will be added to the customer’s account.
5. The customer’s requirements must be clearly provided to Visiology Media Ltd in writing before commencement of work and subject only to one set of minor alterations thereafter –
6.All graphics and necessary source material must be provided in the correct format prior to the start of production so as not to hold up the production process.
7. Approval / amendments of draft footage (1 set of minor amendments) On the majority of projects, a ‘draft’ version of the production will be forwarded to the Client for their review. This draft may receive one set of revisions only, which is included in the original agreed cost. Subsequent revisions thereafter or a major re-edit will incur an additional daily rate of £350.00 per day or part thereof.
8. Major alterations to a project, not agreed prior to the commencement of work, must be made subject to a further written agreement.
9. A customer may terminate the contract at any time by written notice of termination.
10. When a customer terminates the contract, they will remain liable to pay in full for all work previously undertaken and in progress by Visiology Media Ltd. unless any other written agreement is reached in advance. If production was due to start within four weeks then the full deposit will be forfeited.
11. Visiology Media Ltd. cannot be held liable for loss or damage caused as a result of third party action or failure.
12. The client shall provide appropriate security arrangements for any filming outside of the United Kingdom for which Visiology Media Ltd. provides crew or equipment and such arrangements shall be notified to Lilac Productions Ltd in writing in advance of travel to that jurisdiction.
13. Visiology Media Ltd. cannot be held liable to any party for any errors on any medium after the customer has agreed in writing that the content is correct and accurate and should be posted, published or broadcast.
14. Customer contracts may be modified by agreement in writing at any time to add or delete services to better fit the customer’s needs.
15. If a project requires additional content this is, in effect, a contract change. An amendment will be made to the original contract and, once approved, becomes contractually binding.
16. E-mail correspondence shall be sufficient to prove changes to agreements for the form and content of programmes.
17. Any contract requiring Visiology Media Ltd. to work to specific deadlines provided within the written agreement will be deemed to include a proviso that the clients will make themselves reasonably available to communicate with Visiology Media Ltd., its servants or agents, as necessary.
18. Visiology Media Ltd office hours are 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday unless notified otherwise.
19. Any amendments must be made in writing to Visiology Media Ltd. within 7 days of receipt of goods. If no claim is made within this period the client is deemed to have accepted the goods at the agreed price.
20. Visiology Media Ltd. shall be under no liability if unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond its control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by suppliers or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the client may, by written notice to Visiology Media Ltd, elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
All Terms and Conditions stated within this document override any Terms and Conditions from the Client.